Thursday, October 4, 2012

White Daisy Passing

It's starting to sink in that Autumn is here. I love seeing leaves on the ground everywhere and layering up in cozy sweaters. I absolutely love the transition from summer to fall. The most exciting part though, is getting to pull out all those sad sappy records that have been left in the corner all summer. You know the ones, they may be slightly depressing but something about them just makes you so so happy. At least that's how it is for me (and probably 80% of pacific north westerns, haha) Growing up in Seattle, listening to amazing  local artists, like Rocky Votolato, David Bazan, (although back then he was with Pedro the Lion/ Headphones) and Death Cab for Cutie, I have definitely grown a soft spot for that mellow acoustic sound. Also, when I was in high school, it seemed every fall season was when all the best concerts were going on. There was always some show to catch every weekend. We would be standing outside, waiting in these long lines that would wrap around the venue. Eagerly, standing in the freezing misty rain, jumping up and down trying to stay warm but also just out of pure excitement to see the band play your favorite song live. I get overwhelmed with these memories as soon as I feel that crisp fall air. Definitely my favorite memories growing up. So here's an ode to my high school years, a song by Rocky Votolato, I hope you enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment